1. A gas occupies 85 mL at 0oC and 710 torr. What final temperature would be required to increase the pressure to 760 torr?
2. A student collects 300 mL of nitrogen gas (N2) measured at 754 torr and 21oC. What volume will it occupy at S.T.P.?
3. A sample of gas occupies 200 mL at 10oC and 750 torr. What volume will the gas have at 20oC and 750 torr?
4. If 125 mL of a gas is collected at S.T.P. what will its volume be at 735 torr and 300oK?
5. If 125 mL of a gas is collected at 735 torr and 300oK what will its volume be at S.T.P.?
6. At S.T.P. one mole of oxygen gas (O2) occupies 22.4 liters, weighs 32.0 grams, and contains 6.023 X 1023 molecules. What volume will it occupy at 735 torr and 300oK?
7. Solid potassium chlorate (KClO3) decomposes to produce solid potassium chloride (KCl) and oxygen gas (O2) according to the following equation:
KClO3 --> KCl + O2
What volume of oxygen gas, measured at 40oC and 85.4 kPa, will be produced when 13.5 grams of potassium chlorate is decomposed?
8. What is the molecular weight of a gas if 273 mL weigh 0.8 grams at 27oC and 380 torr?
9. Calculate the weight of 15.5 liters of nitrogen gas at -10oC and 720 torr?
10. Air at S.T.P. has a density of 1.292 g/l. What will 4.0 liters of air weigh at 20oC and 750 torr?