1. _____ If 1.0 L of a 0.50 M NaCl solution is diluted to 2.5 X 103 mL, what is the molarity of the resulting solution?
2. _____ How many of the following numbers have 5 significant figures - (19.000), (0.00006), (1.6090 X 108), (13607)?
3. _____ The correct formula for Nitric Acid is:
4. _____ Iron (III) Sulfite has the formula
5. _____ 10.0 g of a liquid that has a density of 20.0 g/mL needs to be measured out in a graduated cylinder. What volume should be used?
6. _____ One gram of alum, KAl(SO4)2 . 12H2O, contains 1.3 X 1021 Al atoms. How many oxygen atoms are contained in 1.0 g alum?
7. _____ If 12.0 g of PCl5 reacts completely with water in the balanced chemical reaction below, how many grams of HCl will be produced?
PCl5 + 4H2O --> H3PO4 + 5HCl
8. _____ When the equation below is properly balanced, what is the coefficient for S8?
_____ Cr + _____ S8 --> _____ Cr2S3
9. _____ An antacid tablet containing 0.50 g of NaHCO3 is dissolved in 250 mL of water. What is the molar concentration of HaHCO3 in the solution?
10. _____ What is the molecular weight of H2O?
11. _____ How many mL of 0.250 M H2SO4 is required to completely react with 25.0 mL of 1.500 M NaOH?
12. _____ Assume that you are a physician administering a drug in a solution containging 5.0 mg drug/L solution. If the recommended dosage of the drug is 3.5 X 10-6 g per kilogram of body weight, what volume of solution would you prescribe daily for a 150 lb patient (1 lb = 454 g)?
13. _____ 50 mL of 0.50 M Na2SO4 is diluted to 5.00 L with water. Calculate the new concentration of the solution.
14. _____ What is the approximate weight of 5.6 liters of Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)?
15. _____ What is the number of molecules in 5 mL of Oxygen Gas (O2)?
16. _____ What is the number of molecules in 3 grams of Carbon Dioxide (CO2)?
17. _____ How many grams of Potassium Chlorate (KClO3) is needed to produce 16 grams of Oxygen Gas (O2) in the following Equation?
_____ KClO3 -----> _____ KCl + _____ O2
18. _____ What is the percentage of Oxygen in Potassium Chlorate?
19. _____ Which of the following is equivalent to 10 millimeters?
20. _____ 77o Fahrenheit equals how many degrees Celsius.
The following are names of reagents you worked with on a daily basis during the second nine weeks of laboratory procedures relating to the metals of groups I-V. For each of the following provide the name of the reagent.
Each of the previous 33 questions have a value of 3 points. Good Luck.