Be careful - not all of the following equations are balanced!
1. What would be the minimum amount of carbon monoxide (CO) used if 28.0 grams of iron were produced in the following reaction?
Fe2O3 + 3CO 2Fe + 3CO2
2. In the following reaction 5.0 grams of aluminum (Al) will react with excess hydrochloric acid (HCl) to produce how many grams of hydrogen?
Al + HCl H2 + AlCl3
3. How many grams of hydrochloric acid (HCl) will be required to react completely with 10.0 grams of calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2?
HCl + Ca(OH)2 CaCl2 + H2O
4. In the decomposition of potassium chlorate (KClO3), 16.0 grams of O2 are formed. How many grams of potassium chloride (KCl) will be produced?
KClO3 KCl + O2
5. An excess of nitrogen (N2) reacts with 2.0 grams of hydrogen (H2) to produce how many grams of ammonia?
N2 + H2 NH3
6. How many grams of chlorine (Cl2) will be needed to react completely with 10.0 grams of sodium (Na) to produce common salt (NaCl)?
Na + Cl2 NaCl
7. How many grams of silver chloride (AgCl) can be produced from 17.0 grams of silver nitrate (AgNO3)?
AgNO3 + NaCl AgCl + NaNO3
8. How many grams of NaAlO2 can be obtained from 1.46 grams of AlCl3 according to the following reaction?
AlCl3 + 4NaOH NaAlO2 + 3NaCl + 2H2O
9. How many grams of CO2 are obtained when 6.15 grams of Ce2(C2O4)3 are formed according to the following reaction?
2Ce(IO3)4 + 24H2C2O4 Ce2(C2O4)3 + 4I2 + 42CO2 + 24H2O
10. What is the molecular weight of ethanol (CH3CH2OH) also known as ethyl alcohol or grain alcohol?